At Gorilla Gutters, gutters are what we do best, which is why we want to help you find the right gutter system for your home. Over the years, we’ve worked with many types of gutters. Here are the six most common types and why they’re advantageous. Make sure you give us a call if you have questions or if you’re ready to have us install new gutters!
- Vinyl—Made from lightweight plastic, vinyl gutters are quick and easy to install. Plus, since they are made from plastic, they won’t dent or corrode after heavy storms and exposure to moisture.
- Aluminum—One of the most cost-effective gutter options, aluminum gutter systems are also lightweight and simple to install. One reason we recommend aluminum gutters is because you can paint them any colour you want!
- Galvanized steel—Slightly stronger than aluminum, we may suggest galvanized steel gutters if you live in an area with extreme weather conditions. These gutters can easily hold up to the consistent contraction and expansion that occurs during weather changes.
- Copper—The best thing about copper gutters is that you don’t have to worry about them getting mouldy or developing mildew over time. You also don’t have to paint them, as the copper ages beautifully as time passes and gives any home a unique look.
- Galvalume—This type of gutter is coated with a combination of aluminum and zinc, making it one of the most durable gutter types out there, thanks to its ability to withstand damage and rust. In many cases, galvalume gutters can last up to nine times longer than galvanized steel!
- Zinc-coated—If you’re going to live in your home for a long period of time, zinc-coated gutters are the way to go. Made from zinc, this type of gutter contains small amounts of copper and titanium, and over time, it develops an appealing patina similar to that of copper gutters.